Wills and Estates Lawyers
Dr Craig Jensen Lawyers is a law firm with a team of experienced wills and estates lawyers in Brisbane. Our lawyers with Dr Jensen assist clients by drafting wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives. And he can also assist an executor with distributing assets and provide counsel in cases where the deceased dies intestate (without a Will).
As wills and estates lawyers in Brisbane, Queensland, we understand the importance of addressing your individual needs. If you require services related to wills, estates, or any legal matter in this domain, our team is available to provide tailored advice and assistance on the best course of action. Contact us today for personalized support from the leading will and estate lawyers in Brisbane, Queensland.
FAQs on Wills and Estate Law
If the nominated executor is unable or unwilling to act, another person may administer the estate. In some cases, an Executor of a Will needs to obtain a Grant of Probate from the Court to authorise them to administer the Estate.
A Grant of Probate is the court’s official recognition that the Will is legally valid and you, as the Executor of a Will, are authorised to deal with the estate.
Some of the things an Executor of a Will may be responsible for include:
- Applying to the Court for a Grant of Probate
- Identifying the assets and liabilities of the Estate
- Organising proper insurance cover over Estate property
- Closing bank accounts and advising authorities of the death
- Selling or transferring realty and other property
- Liaising with and distributing money and property to beneficiaries